Thursday 24 April 2014

Favourite book?

This week's Booking Through Thursday is:

Do you have a favorite book? What do you say when people ask you? (This question always flummoxes me because how can you pick just one, so I’m eager to hear what you folks have to say.)
And, has your favorite book changed over the years?


It's a question that people often ask me when I tell them I love reading, and it's something I really can't answer. For me, that's like asking which limb I'd like to keep. Different books suit different moods, but I've read so many amazing books over the years that I would never be able to pick just one that I like best. The books that really touch me become part of who I am, like experiences of real-life events do.

I suppose the books I enjoy most have changed, over the years, although I've always loved Jane Austen and Charlotte Brontë. I don't often reread books (there are far too many new books to read for that!) so I've never really had the sensation of reading an old favourite and being disappointed with it.

No comments: