Thursday 19 June 2014

Latest loot!

I found one of those wire bathroom shelf things yesterday, which I'm going to attempt to turn into a bookshelf later. As this will mean more book space, when I noticed a charity shop having a closing down sale I just couldn't resist getting some more books to fill it. My loot for today (for the extortionate total of £1.50) is as follows: 

- Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
- We'll Meet Again by Mary Higgins Clark (her novel that I've already read was called I'll be Seeing You - now I'm wondering if all of them are named along the lines of 'goodbye' phrases)
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe - this is a 1920s (ish) edition and matches my set of 16 Odham's Press 1920s Dickens, so that was an exciting find.
- On Beauty by Zadie Smith
- Joseph by Julian Rathbone
- The Witching Hour by Anne Rice

All for 25p each, which is pretty good value per page there. The shop owner said that they'll be rotating stock and that there should be different stuff in next week, so I, um, will be completely avoiding it. Except that I have to walk past it twice a day to get to and from work... So I may be filling up my new bookshop rather sooner than planned.

No comments: