Friday 31 October 2014

Scary

This week's (topical) Booking Through Thursday is:

What’s the scariest book you’ve ever read?

I don't tend to gravitate towards horror stuff, so this is a tough one. If I'm being facetious, I'd go for 50 Shades of Grey - it did genuinely scare me in a way that it's become so popular and that many people really go for it as literature. In terms of novels that are actually intended to be scary, Dracula had me jumping and looking behind me as I passed mirrors for a while (which obviously is silly because you can't see vampires in mirrors anyway), and The Prestige got really creepy by the end.

I try to avoid things that make me actively feel frightened - I've never understood the 'scaring yourself for fun' thing. How about you? Any favourite (/hidden or destroyed forever) scary stories?

No comments: