Thursday 15 January 2015

Would-be author

This week's Booking Through Thursday is:

If you were going to write a book, what kind of book would it be? (And if you’re an author already, what kind of book would you LIKE to write that you haven’t written yet?)

I have so many ideas for novels - I keep a notebook full of mini-ideas, stuff that needs to be added together around a storyline, and I've been forcefully attacked by a few fully-formed novels that just come together in my head and sit there until I get them out.

In spite of my English Literature and Creative Writing degree, I still can't get past the first 3 chapters of any novel I try to write. I know the idea is still good but part of me is just so sick of working away at the same thing that I start feeling like I never want to see it again. It would be kind of cool in theory to be a novelist, but at the same time I just don't have that creative spark, that need to express myself, and I definitely don't have the stubborn persistence needed to make it all happen.

I think I'll stick to my pedantry and remain one of life's editors.

No comments: