Thursday 6 February 2014

Multitasking

There's a blog called Booking Through Thursday, which asks one book-related question each week, and seems like a good way to start this thing off.

This week's question is:

Do you do other things while you read? Watch TV? Cook? Brush your teeth? Knit?

Why yes, yes I do. I used to knit all the time while reading when I was a child, and several sub-standard scarves were produced that way, some still worn by doting parents.

I like to read while cooking if I'm just stirring things, but I tend not to while watching TV because it just distracts me from both the TV and the book. I also find reading a great way to make long walks go faster, just as long as you know where you're going and there's no danger of bumping into people.

It's always made me very sad that I stopped being able to read in cars and buses when I went to university and lost my tolerance to travel-sickness. I can still read on trains, but on any form of road transport, as soon as I take my eyes of the road I start to feel queasy.

What about you? Are there many other reading multi-taskers out there?

No comments: