Monday 21 July 2014

Summer reading habits

This week's Booking Through Thursday is:

Do your reading habits change in the summer?

They certainly used to, but then my lifestyle used to change in the summer too. I'd be on holiday from school, university, etc., and I had days and days free to sit outside reading (or inside, if the weather was bad). Now I'm a functional grown-up, though, summer pretty much means the same thing as the rest of the year, except that it's sometimes nice enough to spend a couple of hours outside reading on the weekends.

When I was at university I spent hours every day on the beach with a book, weather permitting. It was wonderful, the warmth on your skin, the sound of the waves, giant seagulls stealing peoples' food... Seems a shame to have to work with the weather so nice now, but that's money and being an adult and so on for you.

No comments: