Friday 27 March 2015

Constant companion

This week's Booking Through Thursday is:

Do you carry a book around with you? Inside the house? Whenever you go out? Always, everywhere, it’s practically glued to your fingers?
(And yes, digital books very much DO count as long as you’re spending time reading on your Kindle or iPad and not just loading them with books that you never actually read.)

Yes, I definitely carry a book with me almost everywhere I go. I only carry it around my own house when I'm going to be cooking, as then I can read it while stirring things - I don't feel the need to take it to the bathroom and I'm certainly not reading in the shower.

I always take a book when I'm going anywhere with a chance of waiting - for lunch breaks at work, queues in supermarkets, doctor's appointments - and definitely when travelling, I'll bring about 2 books more than I think I can get through in that time because the idea of maybe running out is just awful.

They're always physical books and not digital, I've never really got into reading on Kindle. It just doesn't feel like a book to me, it loses a lot of its character. I can see the logical convenience of it all, but it just doesn't count as a book in my head.

1 comment:

Literary Feline said...

Sometimes I wish I could read in the shower . . . I know some people like to read in the bath, but I've never been a bath person.

I used to feel that way about e-books. Until my daughter came along and suddenly convenience and comfort took priority--and I've come to love reading via e-reader. But I know that not everyone feels that way. I'd rather everyone didn't or else someone might decide print books weren't needed anymore--and we can't have that! I still do love my print books too.